Tuesday 11 May 2010

Treasures Found

Gosh how time flies. It's been ages since I last posted but I have been very busy. For a start I've tackled box mountain, which has been revealing. I found lots of things that I thought I'd lost including a shawl made for me by my grandmother in the 70's. I think I was about 10 years old and shawls were very much in fashion then. I'm so pleased to have found it, it's a real treasure. I meant to taken a picture to show you and forgot, I'll do it later in the week.

I have found one thing that got broken during the move, it didn't cause me any distress but Neil replaced it immediately! What is it I hear you asking, if Neil replaced it immediately it must be important must'nt it? Well I can assure it wasn't important, it was the lid to my food processor!

We did manage to fit in a trip to Easton Walled Gardens.


Don't the tulips look lovely, red is my favourite colour.









This is my sewing room and the mess it was in late yesterday afternoon.


I'm sharing it with the tumble dryer at the moment. Doesn't it look a mess?








This is how it looked at 10pm yesterday when I was doing some homework.



I've surprised myself with the amount of sewing paraphernalia that I've managed to accumulate over the years. Some of it I haven't seen for a long time, not sure where it's been though. I've got three button boxes and thousands maybe millions of beads but I'm not counting them.
Must go and do some work now I've got a meeting of my City and Guilds group tomorrow.







2 comments:

Gina said...

I was going to leave a comment and then didn't know what to say without mentioning homework... looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

pam said...

Ah the sewing room looks well and truly lived in!!!! We must get to Easton Walled Gardens one day it really looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing the shawl.