Thursday 8 April 2010

Hard At Work

I've been as busy as a bee so far this week.

On Friday I was asked to donate a raffle prize for the maternity hospital and it was one of those conversations when you hear the words come out of your mouth but can't quite get them back in quick enough and there it is, too late you've said it. Oh yes of course was my reply, I'll make you a baby quilt.

And this is it, the picture doesn't do it justice but I'm very pleased with it. I used a charm pack and it went together so quickly that I managed to get the quilt top made on Tuesday. It's going to be a joint effort with my good friend Barbara. Yesterday we got it layered up and basted and Barbara has very kindly taken it home to quilt and then I will finish it off with the binding.

I also managed to make the fourth bag from the Honey Bun strips on Tuesday. I love these bags they are so pretty.

I haven't been sleeping too well lately so I have taken up bedtime reading, I can't remember the last time I actually read a book I'm always looking at them.
This is the book I'm reading. I love William Morris, if I could go back in time it would be to see him. He's my all time hero next to Neil of course who is the most important man in my life.

It's a great book, not so much about William but more about the house as the tittle suggests but there are some glimpses into family life.

I have been given two lovely pictures by my niece Willow. I promised to bring them to work and put them on the wall and I thought I would share them with you as well.

Thank you to you all for your kind wishes I am feeling better now.

7 comments:

Sarah Payne said...

The quilt looks lovely - and you are right that the colours look better in real life!

The pictures from your niece are so cute!
too!

pam said...

The quilt is soo much better in the flesh - and the little bags are lovely and oh soo useful for soo many things.

Jan said...

Very well done making the quilt so quickly, It will be a lovely raffle prize ,Hope we get to see it when we come to make a quillow on Saturday ..love Jan xx

Gina said...

I'm rather taken with those little bags but still confused about Honey Buns!!!

vintagerockchick said...

Love the bags Angela - maybe you should do a workshop? Sorry you've not been well, but glad to hear you are finally feeling better, see you on Wed (bring a bag to show us!)

vintagerockchick said...

PS Tell Willow that I'm VERY impressed with the pictures - very neatly coloured in x

Julie said...

beautiful pictures from Willow and what a lovely name! Well done on making the baby quilt, it looks lovely! And I like the bags too.