Tuesday 6 April 2010

HoneyBun Bag

I'm back and on steroids. A couple of weeks ago I went down with sinusitus which was really bad. I had a course of antibiotics but it didn't get better but worse. So bad in fact that I got lost on my way to work one day. I had real trouble concentrating, even struggling to put a sentence together. I have had to have a second course of antibiotics and a course of steroids, it had got so bad it was causing problems with my asthma. Thankfully I can now say I am starting to get better.

I have managed to get some sewing done.
These little bags are lovely to make. They are made from a Honey Bun and you get four bags from one roll so they aren't expensive either. I've just got one more to make.



Because I was poorly I missed a meeting of my City and Guilds group (not good) but I have still done some work on my hanging and progress has been made.
This is the first of the three panels, also the largest and it's finally finished.



This is the second one and I have made good progress with it not long and this one will be finished with one more to go.



This is how they look together. It's such a relief to see it starting to come together I was getting very despondent- even thinking about giving up. Anyway I shall plod on.

I have got a lot of catching up to do, emails and blogposts I have missed. I have been informed that one blogger has been doing a lot of cooking.

Pam has been on holiday for the week, some where nice and warm but I will let her tell you all about it. She will be back tomorrow and I'll be so glad, I've really missed her.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better I was starting to worry about you! But don't you dare think about giving up... I would drive up to fetch you! The hanging is looking good.
p.s. Is a honey bun a type of food? You are very clever to make bags from buns!

Jan said...

So sorry to hear you have been so poorly ,so pleased you are feeling better ,those little bags are so cute ,will check them out on Saturday which my daughter and I are looking forward to imensly(sp)..love Jan xx

Julie said...

I'm so sorry you've been poorly Angela but glad to hear you're getting better now. Look after yourself for a while, don't work too hard!

Barbara said...

Your bags are lovely and your wallhanging is coming on great, you have worked so hard today having had to make up for slacking last week whilst Pam was away having a cold is not an excuse!..