Then we got on with some work and it turned out that we had all been excellent pupils and had done our homework.
This is my stitched piece, the original design is based on a section of my journey. I'm not at all happy with it and after Neil said that it looked like a pair of embroidered breasts (if you fold it in half) that was that. However the ladies of Spectrum had other ideas and commented that it looked like parts of the male anatomy!
So whilst the others got on with making printing blocks and doing some printing I took some more sections from my original drawing and played around with them to try and find a design I did like.
This is what I came up with but when I started to fill in certain areas I wasn't happy with it.
So this evening I have been playing around a little more and with a few alterations I ended up with this and I rather like it.
I have re-drawn it and filled in some areas, I'm very happy with it but I want to play a little more before I finally make up my mind.
It really is crying out for some colour though, I just may have to indulge. Teacher is going away at the end of the month for three weeks and she has admitted that she doesn't have a portable device to blog herself. So that means she won't be checking up on me so I can get away with it, for a while.