Thursday 21 February 2013

Finished, Nearly Finished and Started

I have finished the table runner, and I'm very pleased with it.


It fits nicely on my table but I don't imagine I will use it as it's not really my colours. I like brighter colours and I only made it to use on Create and Craft if ever necessary.


I've not only managed to sew in all the ends on my blanket but I've also gone all the way round working the border. I'm not sure how many rows I will do at the moment I'm thinking 5 might be good.



On another good note I have started on my homework for Spectrum. I'm going to work in 3D this time, I think I might like it more if I work that way rather than in a sketchbook. I've never been happy working in sketchbooks, maybe it's my dislike of drawing.


After my previous post I've had a couple of emails about the wool I'm using for my shawl. Which goes to prove that people do read my blog but just don't leave messages. If you are one of those said people please do leave me a message. Anyway back to the wool. It came from Boo's Attic and is called Ethereal Serenity, is a lace weight (2-ply) and the colour is Jewel. The fibre content is 70% Baby Alpaca, 30% Silk and it really is a dream to knit with.



I thought I'd show you these flowers because they are so pretty. They are left from a bunch that I was given last week. Unfortunately the other roses have hung their heads in shame and are now in the composting bin.



Now I know it's some considerable time until Christmas but I have made a start on my pressie shopping. There is no way I'm going to leave it until the last minute again it was a nightmare last year, never again. So when I saw this sketchbook in Paperchase I knew Steph would love it. The only thing I have to do now is put it somewhere safe that I'll remember. It's safe for me to put it on here as she doesn't read my blog.




4 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely table runner, Angela. That wool sounds beautiful, makes me wish I knitted.

Gina said...

The table runner looks great. Good to see the homework out too ;)

pam said...

Well done finishing the table runner - the crochet looks really good - and christmas shopping in February - you will never hold on to it that long!!!

jackie said...

When you mentioned Christmas I had to check the date of your post! But any excuse is good enough to buy one of the lovely book that Paperchase have at the moment. You certainly are busy.