Thursday 9 May 2013

Expo Veldhoven 2013

Neil and I have had a few days away in Eindhoven in Holland. We went for Expo Veldhoven 2013 and had a fabulous time. The weather was very warm and the hotel was great. I have to say I have never stayed in such a big hotel before. The food was good and the staff were polite and helpful.

This is the window in one of the restaurants it was huge, very impressive.




There was plenty of traders there but I didn't see anything new or that I didn't already have so I came away without buying anything, now that's never happened before Neil was in shock.

The bit I really went for was the exhibition and there were some great quilts on show.

I couldn't come away without a picture of a poppy.




Gill if you're reading this one's for you.



I love the use of colour in this one.


Something for those who like the whimsical.


Simple but effective.


The picture doesn't do this art quilt justice. The maker had made a whole series of quilts in the collage method and they were all fabulous.


The hotel was set on the edge of a wood so I did manage to go for a walk. While out walking I stumbled upon a pond, there was no indication that it was there, no warning signs about being near water - you just walked into a half open space and there it was. The Dutch don't seem to be as mad about health and safety as we are.  So you can imagine my surprise when I also spotted the heron, I was lucky enough to get a picture of it.



3 comments:

Julie said...

What a lovely break away. I'm impressed by not buying anything! The collage art quilt is fabulous, thank you for posting the photo.

pam said...

Looks like a great exhibition and glad you had a good time - you both deserved the rest.

vintagerockchick said...

Looks like a lovely trip, well done for not spending. Really like the heart quilt, but then I would!