Saturday 6 June 2009

Thursday's Workshop

We had Gina Ferrari at the shop on Thursday for a workshop. I know this isn't the most flattering photo of Gina that I could use but it does show you just how relaxed a teacher she is. Gina definitely looked happy in her work.

This is a nicer picture of Gina, she is helping Margaret sort out her machine which was playing up.




The workshop was a beginners class in Free Machine Embroidery. Some of the ladies were a little anxious at the thought of dropping the feed dogs and the fabric only moving when they moved it.
I am happy to say that they all managed it with ease and were happy with the work they produced.

Everything was experimental, they used fabric scraps and thread off-cuts to make new pieces of fabric. These new pieces of fabric can then be used to cover books, make cards, christmas decorations etc etc. Some of the ladies are going to make needle cases.

The pictures don't do justice to their work. There was a lot of sparkle but that doesn't show.










Every one went away very happy with big smiles on their faces. I have had phone calls since the class from some of the ladies to say how much they enjoyed themselves and how wonderful Gina is. They are all looking forward to Gina's next class.
Next weekend we have got Sally Holman coming to teach her technique for making crazy patchwork. I am sure that will be another happy relaxed day.









3 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you for the lovely complimentry post Angela... I might even forgive you for the photo of me slumped over my sewing machine!

vintagerockchick said...

They produced a lot of work, didn't they. (Do any of them want to take on some our homework, d'you think?)

silverpebble said...

Oh my goodness - I would love to come to Gina's next class - I'm going to check when it is on your website. How exciting! Emma x