Wednesday 17 March 2010

I'm Back

This picture is my work that I did at the last workshop I went to in Jersey. The workshop was with Fiona Kearns, I think she does have a website but I can't remember what it is called (I can - NLW!) and I haven't found her business card that she gave me. That could have something to do with the fact that I haven't unpacked yet.

This was really enjoyable to do. The idea is that you use just two stitches and embroider onto hessian freeform. It was very quick and fun to do, you didn't have to think too much - it suited me.

The next two photos were taken from the ferry as we left.




This is where we stayed. It's right next to the airport, we stayed here last year and didn't hear the planes landing and taking off but we did this year, although it wasn't overly intrusive.


One advantage of going self catering is the washing machine, this meant I didn't bring back a huge pile of washing. It did mean that Neil (after being shown how to use it) washed everything in sight. He became quite the little house-husband. One morning when I was running a little late to get to a workshop and therefore was in a hurry, so you would assume that any action I took would be pardoned wouldn't you. Well you can imagine my surprise when during the workshop my phone vibrated, I checked it and it told me I had a text message. I opened the message and this is what it said "You naughty girl I have just been into the bedroom". All I had done was empty the contents of my bag onto the bed so I could load it up with the things I needed for that day. Honestly you would have thought the world had ended. Well now he knows what it's like for all of us, except that we have to cope with things like that on a daily basis all I can say is welcome to the club.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Oh dear ,was it the naughty corner for you again ,or did he let you off cause you were on your hols hee heeeI must say it ALL sounds fun ...love Jan xx

pam said...

Oh we are glad to have you back, just make sure Neil does not come in to tidy us up in the shop!!!

Julie said...

Poor Neil (lol) The trials of a house-husband! I like the sound of just 2 stitches and free-form stitching, it sounds very relaxing.

vintagerockchick said...

Sounds like you should take Neil away more often - you may never need to do housework again!

Barbara said...

It is good to have you back we have missed you it has been so quiet in the shop...you have been busy whilst you have been away and everything looks interesting, I love the book cover...Has Neil kept up the good works since you have been home, we'll have to make him a 'pinny'!

margaret raymen said...

grannies