Saturday 6 November 2010

A Pretty Quilt

These pictures are my goldwork samples. I didn't use gold coloured thread because I don't really like the colour which may be part of the reason I don't like the technique.


This was couching threads.




This next sample I enjoyed more and could immediately see lots of uses for it. It's padded - the correct name is raised work.


You can't really tell from the photo but it would be great for flowers or faces and lots more.




This is what I've been working on this week. It's the quilt made from the pieces cut on the Go Cutter.It has gone together so easily that I'm very tempted to make another one but slightly different. I thought it would be nice to make a block that included the star and the first border of squares, make six blocks like that put them together and you would have a nice size quilt. Now I just need some more time.







I have started the quilting, I'm trying to do something a little bit different and I'm enjoying it. Hopefully I'll get it finished next week. I'm not going to get much done this weekend.


Enjoy your weekend, today especially as the weather is being kind to us.

4 comments:

vintagerockchick said...

I'm with you - let's have more Pinkwork! xx

Julie said...

Love your not-gold goldwork ;) The raised work gives a great texture. Lovely quilt too. These Go cutter's certainly take all the work out of cutting don't they? It must be great to be able to get stuck in to making the quilt. Look forward to seeing the quilting.

pam said...

Oh your goldwork is really lovely - am looking forward to you finishing your quilt top and trying a quilt cut with the accu cutter.

Gina said...

Good to see you've had time for your pink work home work!