These prints are from the mono printing that I did last week at the Spectrum meeting. It was a great day and such a fun technique. It really is very simple and you don't need a lot of equipment which means it doesn't take long to set up or clear up.
The green ones are done using acrylic paint and a drying extender. I wouldn't bother to use that method again the results are not that good but at least I tried it and now I know.
The blue ones are done using a water soluble oil paint that Gina bought with her and very kindly let us try out. The oil paint was much more sucessful and I was very happy with the results. I'm going to get some of these paints and do some more printing I enjoyed it that much.
The brown ones are done using the oil paints as well. The leaves I used for the prints were found on a nature walk that teacher sent us on very close to the village hall.
These three prints were done by laying the paper straight onto the paint and drawing on the reverse. I'm sure this technique would not have worked if I had used the acrylic paint and drying extender, I think the paint would have been too wet.
These three are my favourites, of course the poppies found their way in.
There will definitely be some more poppy prints.