Wednesday 26 October 2011

Calico

This week we have a local group called Calico exhibiting at the shop. The ladies are members of the Peterborough Embroiderers Guild, it is only a small exhibition but the work is wonderful. They are clearly experienced ladies who take great pleasure in what they do. The  four following photos are of  some of their work on show there is more to see all of a high standard. If you're passing and get the chance to pop in and have a look they would be pleased to see you.








I am making progress on my picture. I've finished all the eyelets and it's all hand stitching from now on. I don't do a lot of hand stitching but I'm enjoying this. It seems to be something I'm enjoying more often these days although I'm sure I won't be a convert. I'm embroidering colonial knots, lots of them in lovely silk thread from Mulberry Silks. I'm going to use five different colours of thread for the knots, the idea is that they will blend in with the  eyelets but add texture and then there will be some beads for shine and richness. That's the hope anyway so I had better go and do some more.


3 comments:

The Crafty Mugwump said...

That looks lovely Angela - I love turquoise such a vibrant colour.

Julie said...

The exhibition looks lovely Angela. As does your stitching :-)

pam said...

The exhibition looks really good very impressive.