Friday 27 August 2010

More Sketchbook Work

I have done a little bit more in my sketchbook. This time I've been looking at Star Anise. I certainly wouldn't use it for it's real intention.

It has a very pretty shape. Here I used felt tip pens in brown and black.


This is a much prettier drawing. Iused Koh-I-Noor paints, bleach and a drawing pen. I'm really pleased with this.

I have also been working on a project for my City and Guilds. For one of the finished pieces we have to use one or more of the utility stitches on the machine.
I'm making a twisted bag, which uses three fabrics.
I don't have a pattern for this bag so I'm making it up as I go along. As I've made the samples I've been sticking them in my sketchbook and doing the write up at the same time. I don't like doing the write up so this way it saves me from having to do the whole write up at the end of the project and it stops from forgetting anything.
Here you can see how the three fabrics go together and how the twist is created.


This is me just trying out some of the decorative stitches. I decided to use just two fabrics, a black and gold patterned one and a plain black decorated with one of the embroidery stitches.


This is the result, a lovely piece of fabric. All I have to do now is twist it and put it together. Guess what I'm doing this weekend!







6 comments:

pam said...

The twisted back is going to be beautiful.

pam said...

I forgot to say how clever you are the sketching is really good - me think you did protest too much at the start!!!

Gina said...

It's all looking good!

Unknown said...

Angela,

I really love what you are doing!

Your poppies are amazing. I'm in the middle of a [assion with them - and pears and pomegranates!

I'll be following closely your work! Just beautiful!

Hugz

Julie said...

Great sketchbook work and your stitched fabric is fab!

Penny said...

Thanks for dropping by, this is fun, love your sketchbook . Will follow.