Monday 16 August 2010

Sketchbook Progress

I've been doing some more work in my sketch book, I thought I would keep going while the creative drawing flow was with me. It might not last long!

This is my bleach drawing finished.


When it was finished I started looking at the shape rather than the seed head.


This is what I ended up with.


And then I decided to take it further and try to turn it into a design. I think it worked quite well.



Then I went one step further and it was obvious that it was one step too far. This really doesn't work because the design has just got lost.




So I went one step back and I think this works much better. I'm not sure about the yellow though.











4 comments:

Gina said...

Keep going Angela. The one on red looks good even if it doesn't show up too well. Could you bleach some of it? Your next task is to cover the whole page with colour and go big... make your designs fill the page, or spill off the edge!

Julie said...

I love your first bleach image at the start of the post. And I like the final design you arrived at. It would look good worked as a silk painting.

vintagerockchick said...

Oh look at you, Miss Goody Two Shoes doing her homework. (I'm only jealous!)xx

pam said...

Hey well done they are fabulous - you could use them as applique on a quilt or draw onto fabric dye and use the fabric for a quilt hows that then!!!!! Anyway if you tell me you cannot draw in future I shall ignore you!