Saturday 30 January 2010

Countdown - seven days to go!

I can't believe a week has passed since I last blogged. It has been a very busy week and I've had a horrible cold that seems to be hanging on like a toddler clinging to your leg, it just won't go away.


I have managed to do some work on my hanging but not as much as I wanted and needed to get done. I've bound the edges in the way you would a quilt. This picture doesn't do them justice they look much much nicer in real life. I am still making leaves, I have painted some Lutradur and I'm going to experiment with it and see what kind of leaves it makes. I have a mental issue with Lutradur. I know it's a useful fabric and I have seen beautiful pieces of work created by other people using it but I don't seem to get on with it. So here's hoping.


Today I might start experimenting with the poppies. That's the exciting bit.

Tonight however is wrap night. I really have got to make it, the wedding is a week today so it is now a matter of urgency! This time next week we will be at the hairdresser. Stephanie has got to be there for 8:00am, so I won't get a lie in!

5 comments:

pam said...

Looking forward to seeing the poppies on the wall hanging. Let's hope you have enough time to play!!!

Jan said...

So sorry to hear you have such an annoying cold. I hope it is better soon so that you can enjoy next week ,I look forward to seeing the poppys I love poppys ,such a cheerful flower ..love Jan xx

Gina said...

The hanging is looking good Angela - it's going to be beautiful when it's finished. Good luck with the wrap and hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

The colds going about this winter seem to be particularly persistent. I do hope you soon feel much better. Have you tried Vitamin C and Zinc tablets? they might help. Good luck with finishing the hanging, it's looking good.

Barbara said...

Good luck with the wrap I know it will look great. Oh and thank you so much for giving me your horrible cold.....sniff sniff sneeze!