Friday 15 July 2011

Finished

I finished the quilt last night and I'm very happy with it. Can't imagine why I didn't finish it sooner!


Here's a close up of the binding and quilting. 



So pretty.


I have at last made a decision about how to finish the edges of my Wonky Log Cabin. You can see on this sample that I've tried binding in both colourways. I did consider the orange-but not for long,  I'm going to bind them in the accent colour used in the block. I think this helps to give each block a strong and positive finish. It feels as though the hanging is really starting to come together now and I may have decided how to join the blocks together, just need to do another sample to try out my idea.


Today I'm hoping to do a little more quilting on this.


I'm hoping to get to Gina's on Sunday for the Open Artists Studios . Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hope to see you on Sunday. I love that pink/green colour combination in the last photo.