Thursday 3 January 2013

Hurrah!

I have been trying to post on here since sometime this morning, so long ago I can't remember when I started and I've now lost a beautiful picture of Eva. 

This is how she felt after an hour with Ellie-understandable. Isn't she gorgeous? She has got such a lovely little smile with beautiful beaming eyes. Not that I'm biased.


One night over Xmas week Neil and I had Ellie and Freddie to stay and I'm still exhausted. Ellie was a doddle - I put her to bed, she cried for 5 minutes and that was that. Freddie on the other hand was a nightmare. He would not go to bed it didn't matter what I tried he just would not sleep. In the end I had to sleep with him cradled in my arm and holding his hand all night. Very uncomfortable but at least he was quiet till 6.30 in the morning. I haven't had a good nights sleep since and it's becoming a problem. So much so that when I couldn't sleep last night and was looking for some paracetamol I found some valium left over from a dentist's appt. and I will be taking that tonight.

I now have enough squares for my blanket and have started joining the squares and the rows.



Unfortunately I have lots of ends to sew in.

As a treat for todays social stitchers I've tried another recipe from this book.



Hazelnut Praline Muffins.



I didn't think they were going to come out okay, the batter was very smooth and runny, but they rose and look lovely. They didn't smell too bad whilst they were cooking either. I'm very tempted to have one but I had a check up at the hospital just before Xmas and I was told to stay away from baked goods such as cakes,biscuits, bread and cereals also fried foods. The last one isn't difficult but when I look at those muffins I'm sooooo tempted. Right now life doesn't seem very fair. Oh for some sleep.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wishing you a good night's sleep... and lots of delicious salads! (Which is a shame because those muffins look good!)

Julie said...

I hope you get some sleep soon. We are suffering from sleep loss too as we're both coughing. xx